The Maine Sportsman
Monthly bird articles on migratory and resident species
Article on nesting shorebirds, August 2016
Article on birding in the Maine North Woods, August 2017
Article on Red-headed Woodpeckers, upcoming
Article on Florida’s Alligator Gar, February 2017
Feature Piece on flyfishing the Yellow River, Fall 2017
Feature Piece Yellow Perch explorations on the Chipola River, September 2018
Reef Article Piece based on Northwest Florida Initiatives, October 2018
Guy Harvey Magazine
Photos of Grand Bay, Mississippi featured in the Winter 2017 issue
Spread on Maine North Woods adventures in Fall 2016 newsletter
Weekend getaway piece on Florida National Scenic Trail, November 2018
Monthly series on conservation and restoration stories from Northwest Florida
- URL for example piece (28-29): https://issuu.com/coastalanglermagazine/docs/pensacola_4233ba3630451b
National Parks Traveler Essential Park Guide
Multi-page story on scuba diving in Abaco, Bahamas, Fall 2017
Feature on breeding birds in the Everglades, Fall 2018
Article on the Eastern Corridor, Fall 2018
Winging it at Rocky Mountain National Park, Fall 2018
Blogs and Online Publications
National Geographic Adventure
Article highlighting expeditions to the Maine North Woods.
National Geographic Voices
Articles highlighting biodiversity around the world.
- URL for example piece: http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2016/07/12/banding-floridas-snowy-plovers/
National Park Traveler
Articles from National Parks, here in the United States and around the world.
- URL for example piece: http://www.nationalparkstraveler.com/2016/08/promising-future-katahdin-woods-and-waters-national-monument
- URL for example piece: https://www.nationalparkstraveler.org/2017/12/hurricanes-recovery-and-resiliency-caribbeans-national-parks
Natural Resources Council of Maine
Blog series highlighting excursions to the Maine North Woods on a National Geographic Young Explorer Grant.
- URL for all blogs for NRCM : http://www.nrcm.org/category/blogs-of-nrcm/quest-for-protection/
- URL for example piece : http://www.nrcm.org/blogs-of-nrcm/quest-for-protection/fall-east-branch-of-the-penobscot-river-day-2-part-1/
Voices for Biodiversity
Articles and photo galleries on biodiversity around the world.
- URL for example piece: http://voicesforbiodiversity.org/galleries/photos/snowy-plovers-and-citizen-science-along-the-florid
Bangor Daily News
Recounting birding adventures from around the state of Maine.
- URL for all blogs for Bangor Daily News: http://zambello.bangordailynews.com/
- URL for example piece: http://zambello.bangordailynews.com/2016/04/23/home/spring-warblers-in-the-rangeley-lakes-region/
Internationally recognized bird site devoted to birding, nature, and conservation. Weekly blogs highlight birding adventures as well as state and national birds.
- URL for all blogs for 10000 Birds : http://10000birds.com/author/erika
- URL for example piece : http://10000birds.com/life-birds-at-point-reyes-national-seashore.htm
Duke Nicholas School of the Environment
Duke program publishing blogs from students, faculty and alumni. Blogs focused on communicating conservation, environmental issues, and outdoor trips.
- URL for all blogs for Duke : http://blogs.nicholas.duke.edu/author/eaz7duke-edu/
- URL for example piece: http://blogs.nicholas.duke.edu/outdoordevil/aruba-three-invasive-species-that-turned-my-black-and-white-to-gray/
Triangle Land Conservancy
Blogs for local land trust covering events, preserves, and green living.
- URL for all blogs for TLC : https://www.triangleland.org/author/erika-zambelloduke-edu
- URL for example piece : https://www.triangleland.org/blog/building-trails-at-the-new-horton-grove-nature-preserve
Sarah P. Duke Gardens
Award-winning botanical garden located on Duke’s Campus in Durham, NC. Blogs focus on events, sightings in the garden, and ecological phenomena; example below.
The Emerald Coast
CVB website for Okaloosa County. Blogs focus on natural areas and ecotourism.
Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance
Nonprofit blog about organizational programs and successes.
Patterns of Bird-window Collisions Inform Mitigation on a University Campus
Trends in Measuring Biodiversity and Ecosystem function in Mitigation Programs
Upcoming for the Duke Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions